Wednesday, December 24, 2008

We're Baaaack!

Alright, we are officially back in business. Our computer had some major problems...after about a month of being disconnected, we are reunited with the world and it feels great! Here is what has been going on this month for our clan!
Mommy-Daughter Day
Molly and I took a shopping trip to Logan to find a Christmas dress for her. We were in the car for about 10 minutes and she said,"Mom, it is soooo nice to have you all to myself!!" We had fun conversations on the hour and a half drive...discourses on the danger of drugs (she brought it up, not me), also that just because I am getting old, I don't have to miss out on all the fun, etc. It was so fun to just be the two of us. She is growing up way too fast. We found a sweet dress that was so Molly. What do you think??

AJ Winters Elementry Christmas Program
It was great having 2 kids in the program this year. They both did an awesome job and sang their little hearts out! Brigham was actaully entertained the whole time. Spence did a Beach Boys song (complete with a motorcycle being pulled by a reindeer) and Molly did some of the classics. Fun times!
Christmas Cutting Outing
Since moving to Montpelier, we have ventured out and cut down our own tree. It is such a blast and the kids love it. I couldn't help but remember Christmas Vacation's tree outing..."I can't feel my feet...I can't feel my legs...I can't feel my hips..." as they are trudging through the snow. We went with our great friends the Marlowes and had a great adventure. It was super cold and Brigham wanted to get in the warm truck. I put him in there and headed down the trail to keep looking for the tree. When I came back, he had locked the doors to the truck and the keys were inside. No problem, I'll just show him how to unlock the door. I forgot he had his mittens on that go waaaaay up to his elbow underneath his snowsuit. Needless to say, he couldn't take his mittens off. Oh boy. Then we got the idea to have him unlock it with his teeth. After a marvelous demonstration of pulling up on the lock by yours truly, he bent down and took hold of the lock! The little turkey unlocked the door!! We were all cheering and he was all excited. Note to self...next year, keep the keys in my coat pocket.
We ended up with a great looking tree and had a blast decorating it and putting up our christmas train.

The picture below is of Brigham's "funky hat". He had the idea to put 2 hats on his head and came over to me and said," Hey mom, look at my funky hat!" Too cute!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


























4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE Molly's dress, and the tree and especially all the kids staring at the train. What a great Christmas collage:) Thanks, I missed your posts:)

Annie said...

Yea! Fun post! Looks like you are having a great holiday season! I too love having mommy daughter dates! So so fun! :)

The Sharp's said...

I'm glad your computer is well again!I love Molly's dress too. Your tree looks so nice. Thank you so much for the New Year's treat. We loved it! Your family picture was beautiful- who took it?
That's such a great idea to do a New Year's gift. I am thankful that you are my friend!

erin said...

Thanks for the great Christmas card! I love the picture-- We are so not on the ball this year (Valentine's Day card, anyone?)Fun to hear about your Christmas adventures. Molly's dress is totally worth the hour + drive in the car--(not to mention the great conversation!) I love car time for that very reason. Where did you get your fun Christmas train?