Monday, September 29, 2008

The Barbershop










One of the things I love about our little town is our trip to the barber. It is seriously like stepping into a time warp. Practically everything is the same as it was about 40-50 years ago. One thing I learned about the good 'ol barber pole--if it is moving, it means the shop is open for business! Cool eh?

Some of the other cool things I like there are the original chairs, the cabinet full of old creams, razors, tonics...its all just neat!

It was time for our shaggy boys to get a cut. Brigham gets all excited, then he is nervous, then excited again. It was a good day today though and all went well (it is worth it to not cry so he can get the coveted "dum dum" at the end). Our barber is a quiet guy--not real talkitive or boistrous. However, today he struck up a conversation with Brigg which was kinda cute, a little awkward, but cute nonetheless.

So, if you ever want a stroll down memory lane, come get your hair cut at my place!!!!
ps--sorry about the crazy arrangement of pictures, I'm still trying to figure this thing out!

2 comments:

The Sharp's said...

I love this post! It is so true..you can't beat a $4.50 haircut. Love your blog!

Eric & Gretchen said...

I found your blog on facebook. I have a blog too. The easiest thing to do is go to www.ericandgretchen.blogspot.com and follow the directions.
Thanks!
Gretchen