Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday Boy





October 1st was our Spencer's birthday!! We had a great day. Bill suprised Spence and kidnapped him from school to take him out to lunch. His pick was "Dan's Delicious Drive-In". They had a lunch full of greasy hamburgers and Spencer's favorite thing in the world--onion rings! Then I got to take chocolate cupcakes into his classroom, which is always a treat. I remember my mom bringing treats into my classroom. I always felt so loved! After school was a pack meeting where he recieved his Wolf award in Cub Scouts. I will miss him in my pack! He is moving on to bigger and better Bear activities I guess!! Dinner was his choice--taco salad (this happens to be my favorite too-yum). We followed by shoving 9 candles(yes, he's already 9) into a single cupcake and sang "happy birthday" to our completely content, smiley, growing-up-way-tooooo-fast boy. We topped off the night by letting him sleep on the air mattress in the TV room.




We love our Spencer. He is such a joy and bright spot in our family! Here's to another great year!! Hopefully it will pass slower...it just seems like we were bringing his sweet smellin' baby head home from the hospital!! Love you bugs!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Spencer!!! Hope you had a fabulous day- sounds like you did. I can't believe you are nine, I have a picture holding you on your blessing day- it doesn't seem like that long ago!

annie said...

spencer-you're such a great kid! thanks for always taking care of wyatt and being so nice to parker. when parker gets big like you, i hope he's as kind and gentle as you are. you're a great friend and we just love ya!