Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Here is our easter update!! We were very excited for easter this year. We did a special FHE to teach the kids about Christ and the Resurrection (complete with visual aids--go mom!). It was neat to listen to what they already knew! As the week passed on, I thought and read about the events leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection of our Savior. I was truly humbled and greatful for all that He has done for me personally. It was a good week.
Saturday was the annual Montpelier Egg Hunt. Alright, so spring here in the Bear Lake valley is always wet, muddy, slushy, chilly...just downright gross. This year we had the hunt at the fairgrounds, indoors. The little ones looked for eggs in pools filled with shredded paper. Brigg had a great time throwing the stuff around. This is where the dreaded bunny encounter occoured. There was the easter bunny at his disposal. He could hug him, give a hi-5, yank his tail, whatever he wanted to do.... I am sure you can all guess what happened--screaming and crying. Lots of crying. "I'm scared!!" I am the first to admit that a giant rabbit is a bit frightening!! So we moved on.

Molly and Spence had their egg hunt in one of the animal exhibition buildings (you know where they keep the sheep, cows, etc during fair time). I was wondering if it was sanitary--but tried to push it out of my head!! It was a great time and everyone came away with smiling faces!
Next we of course did a little egg dying. The kids had fun tie-dying and putting pearly paint on their eggs. There was relatively not a lot of mess this year. Way to go kids!

Saturday night when I was putting Brigg down to bed, we were talking about easter and the bunny. He said, "Mom, if you see that easter bunny, will you punch him out because he really scares me a little bit." It was so cute and I kept a straight face and told him I'd take care of it. Funny kid!!

Easter morning started with Brigg yelling at the top of his lungs, "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!" I am being totally serious. The troops did an egg hunt, rummaged throught their easter baskets (I am nNEVER buying easter grass again) and eating candy at 8am. Gotta love it. We wrote their names on a special egg that we had them open up last. It was empty. We reminded them of the wonderful gift that Jesus gave us. The gift of an empty tomb. The gift of the Atonement. The gift of Repentance. The gift of eternal life with our families. So much to be greatful for.

4 comments:

Wolff said...

I totally agree with the Easter grass. What a mess, I was cleaning mine up forever!!

Annie said...

Sounds like fun! I especially love the Brigg quotes! Too cute!

Heidi said...

The Brigg quotes are awesome! You'll be so glad you're writing them down. And I swore off the plastic grass several years ago. Who ever thought that would be cool?! Ugh. I feel your pain, but not recently. Haha.

Heather said...

So awesome to catch up today, you guys have been busy! That pony is almost as cute as its rider, Spence and his gymnastics mania- totally AWESOME!!! and I can never resist the lilacs either... her hair is getting long:) We love you guys!