Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Ah-mazing Trip

Let's face it, anytime Bill and I can get away together is heaven. We were so lucky to be able to take a trip back east to Washington DC in August. My parents have pretty much earned sainthood by watching our 4 little munchkins (yes, Jake was left behind too). We had such a great time. Here are some of my favorite (or crazy) things from our trip.
1-I started and FINISHED a book while away. It wasn't even a spiritual book, just one for fun.
2-Paying a shuttle driver $80 to get to my hotel. Okay, to pretty much get anywhere about broke ya, but it was worth it.
3-Sleeping in.
4-Shopping in Georgetown and making it there safely by myself. I had to take a cab and figure out the metro alone. I am such a city girl now.
5-Sight-seeing at warp speed. There is sooo many things to see, there isn't enough time to do it all. We did a pretty good job mapping things out and getting to where we really wanted to go.
6-Paying like $5 for a pack of peanut M&Ms.
7-Spending time with family. We have two neices Kimi, Annie and a nephew Corb, who just happen to be back in Virgina. We got to see them all and had a great time visiting and eating some yummy food--thanks Kimmers.
8-Fireflys
9-Our shuttle driver to our hotel in the hood...he does karaoke and eats hot wings every friday night with his wife. man, this guy was hilarious.
10-Almost having to stay an extra night because our flight was delayed. After 5 days, I was actually ready to see my kiddos (something I never thought possible). The thought of being away one more night was pretty much unbearable. Long story short..by some small miracle we made it home after spending 7 hours in the DC airport. Success!
Here's some pics!

3 comments:

Annie said...

So fun!!!!!! We LOVED DC when we went last summer! I totally want to go back- there is so much to do and see!! Great pictures! :)

Heather said...

Love it! Love that you went ALL ALONE!!! Congratulations on that fact alone :) and I'm dying t know what art print you purchsed from the art museum -I have a tube like that at my house too :)

Kimi Remington said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Thanks for coming! And I'm so sorry about the airport-- I had no idea! Is that when you finished your book? There's not a ton to do in DCA... :)