Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall, What Fall??




Alright, so I know I live in the Bear Lake Valley, but c'mon.... Satuday we woke up to snow. A little pretty skiff, no big deal. It would melt by the end of the day, right?? Wrong-O! We spent ALL day Saturday and into the night with blizzard-like snow, constant snow, more snow...it was winter! We ended up with almost a foot by Sunday morning. The kids thought it was awesome and of course had me digging into their winter boxes for snowpants, gloves, hats, boots, etc. They had a blast playing in the snow!! I was content to watch from the window and prepare the hot chocolate! Maybe when it is ACTUALLY winter, I will enjoy a good snowball fight with the little chickens! Molly kept saying, "doesn't winter come AFTER halloween?" Me-"That is usually the case, but not around here!" Luckily I heard that we are supposed to warm up this week before it is white for good!! Whew, not quite ready yet.

4 comments:

Tami said...

AHHHHH Snow! Here's to global warming:) Your family pics turned out beautiful. Makes perfect sense Beautiful subjects begat great photos.

Tami said...

Savanna want to say to Spencer....
What you are already 9! Ok if you are that old . I miss you so much . ps. ask yore mom when you are coming to my house ? pps. see ya later.

BL said...

I love your blog! Your kids are so cute- I especially loved mollys nose story! haha!

erin said...

oh man! I will have to show Kate and Ian the snow pics... we've only seen it once in 3 years-- (a day trip to Lake Tahoe). I bet Briggs is happy that he can join Spencer and Molly out there on his own this year! Hopefully you'll get some Fall weather yet.