Friday, September 4, 2009

August

I was really planning on posting more than once a month, but that is what it has turned into lately! I promise to be better (fingers crossed behind my back...) August was lovely. There is nothing like that last month of summer vacation! We tried to cram in as much fun as we possibly could!! I will break it into a few parts for posting purposes!

Part 1--The Jensen Reunion
It started with the first annual Jensen Family Reunion. Most of the family piled into these rafts and navigated their way down the Payette River. I would've LOVED to go, however, I'm great-with-child, can't swim, and a bit terrified of drowning in icy cold river water. I am hoping that someday I can relinquish my fear and join Bill in this sport that he loves! Did I mention icy cold river water???

The day ended with a yummy bbq at the park, lots of visiting and more eating....more holy sheet cake please!
Molly and Emi enjoying their dinner--
Brigg couldn't resist the water features and ended up getting soaked--shoes and all. He had to wear "girls clothes" the rest of the night. He survived!Sunday we witnessed 2 baby blessings--Mike and Jen's Laila and Kimi and Brandon's Lily. Such a sweet experience to witness the priesthood in action. We are blessed!
Here are all of the Jensen siblings--a mighty fine group!!

The whole family(minus a few missing members--we missed you missing members!!)


Part2--Time with Grandpa and Grandma

Me and the kids got to stay in Boise and visit while Bill went on a High Adventure Hike with the Young Men in our ward. We sure loved spending our days and nights with them!! We did lots of fun stuff while we were there.

The Zoo! The giraffes were our favorite!

Feeding Ducks and Geese
Merrill Park--keeping cool in the hot sun!
Mom and Dad, Nan and I

We also hit Downtown Boise to the Brickover Beanery, seriously the best food in this world. The kids loved their cheesy vegetable soup with a glop of homemade mashed potatoes in the center...mmmmm.

This is what Bill was doing in the meantime--hiking, hiking, and more hiking. They hiked up in the Sawtooths...beautiful ehe??


We sure missed him while we were in Boise--it was fun to hear all their adventures...what a great group!


Part 3-Bear Lake Classic Triathlon

Bill has really gotten big by the tri bug. I am super proud of him and love to go out and be a great athletic supporter!! My brother Ryan and his family came up and joined in the fun! Here are some pics of the day.Getting ready for the swim--he is the one with his hands up by his head.Bike TransitionComing in for a big finish. Spence joined him for the final stretch!Way to go!!


That was our August. Holy Cow this was a big post! Here is to a happy fall coming up!

3 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! Great post. Loved all the fun happenings especially the ones we were there for:) Is that a medal bill is holding? Very impressive!

Croslands said...

I really liked seeing pictures of your parents. I thought that they had moved to Utah? Was I wrong or did they move back?

BL said...

fun pictures! wish I could have been around for the happenings- maybe next year we can plan better. and by the way your kids have the cutest first day of school clothes ever! love molly's boots (can barely see them, but i know they are adorable).